IRCTC Tricks: Pay for Sleeper, Travel in AC (Without any extra charges)

IRCTC Hidden Tricks:

IRCTC, India's largest booking website have some awesome hidden tricks which can save your money. 

consider for auto upgradation


When you book ticket (Either online/directly in counter), you can see an option Consider for auto up gradation. By using this magical feature, you can pay for sleeper, but may travel in AC at free of cost

What is Consider for auto up gradation feature?

In 2006, IRCTC introduced auto up gradation facility which means allocating Berth in higher class if seats are available.

Got confused ?
Here is a simple example, You booked ticket for SL & your berth is confirmed as well. While booking the ticket, you chose the option Consider for auto up gradation. At the time of Chart preparation, if there is any vacancy in 3AC then you will be allocated a berth at 3AC.

consider for auto upgradation

How do I know if my ticket is upgraded ?

You will get a intimation SMS from IRCTC at the time of chart preparation.

What will happen to my SL ticket ?

Your sleeper class ticket will be canceled & allocated to some other people in the waiting list automatically. 

Do I need to pay extra If I am auto upgraded ?

Absolutely NO ! IRCTC is providing this feature at free of cost

Is this feature only applicable to SL ?

No, If you booked ticket for 3AC class and you checked consider for auto up gradation feature. At time of chart preparation, if there is any vacancy in 2AC then your ticket will be upgraded.

Hereafter when you book train ticket Don't forget to check consider for auto upgradation option.
Share on Google Plus

About IamVickyAV

I am Vicky AV, Engineer, Pro Blogger & Twitterati.
I created this blog to post some interesting technical stuff that I feel everyone should know. I hope you find these interesting too. Follow me on Twitter
    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Did you try the above ??? Post your Reviews